Dr. Chang's Teaching Log

Monday, May 28, 2007

Sharing at Zhonghua

On 23 May 2007, Check Siew and I shared out experience about the school attachment I did from Januray to march this year. We spoke suring the staff contact time and I was very heartened to see many nods of agreement with the problems, suggestions and learning points we shared. I have listen some of our takeaways here too:


•Many of the things I teach at NIE will work despite what my trainees tell me.
•It’s a matter of thinking through carefully and customizing.
•How much and when to do – to meet own targets
•Yes, it can be tough and tedious; No, not if you work with someone.
•Timing of the attachment – good because of new syllabus
•Term one is good timing for attachment
•Overall learning experience is important
•Tap on your own strength in your groups
•So that you can try out on your own later
•After teaching for a long time – the experience of having someone looking at it differently is refreshing
•It is a Win-win situation

In summary we also pointed out about:

•Content drives pedagogy
•Thinking on one’s feet
•Differentiated Instruction
•Working with someone


We will adpat the sharing session as a sharing for a forthcoming forum at SEAGA 2007 (http://www.seaga.co.nr/seaga2007.htm). Do join us there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home