Dr. Chang's Teaching Log

Sunday, February 04, 2007

A tale of two blog entries

Today:

I am administering a test for 3E4 now... it is test on Landforms and I hope to see some improvement from the previous test. CS and I have been quite happy with the results from the previous test.

Also I will be trying out using prose and poetry for the Geography Elective class later today. I should hope to get some useful feedback.. will podcast the session if I can...

I'll be at reservist the next week or so ..... blog entries will be sparse at best....


1 February 2007:

IBL being filmed

Today, CS and I introduced the IBL project on earthquakes. It was a long 1.5 hr session but I structured it rather well. Once the video is out I’ll put a link to this post.

2 main learning points:

I had forgotten to go through the evaluation rubric with them. Will do so immediately in the next period.
The structure might have been too tight for some while some others felt a little lost. This really calls for some rethinking….. differentiation??

The next 2 periods will be fun as I will use Bladderstone’s idea of sensory cards in a lesson about Tropical Rainforest. Will see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home