Dr. Chang's Teaching Log

Monday, March 05, 2007

Fieldwork with PDAs

Yesterday was really hectic day. At 0840, Rina and Yuan Yuan arrived with the PDAs, followed by Phay Fun who was videographer for the day.

3E4 arrived a little late and I spent about 20 minutes giving insturctions about what to do. I made the mistake of not reminding to take photographs of their site. In the end I had to run around all the stations to remind the groups individually.

The second run with 3E5/6 was not so bad. The procedure was smoother than the 3E4 run. It ended rather uneventufully but Rina dn Yuan Yuan will have to clean up the data for the students' use on Thursday.

For 3E2, Gavin had to take over since I was needed to run the 3E5/6 field data collection.

In 2N1, Robert Tan developed a high fever towards the end of the session, so I had to send him to the sick bay - first instance in the 10 weeks with ZHSS. Interesting procedure and a rather spartan sick bay to go with.

There is little to reflect about except that Ee Moi told me that Matthew (her son in 3E5) has intelligence that the students in my class like me..... I responded to Ee Moi that that is the least that I should achieve, and rightly so. But being the nice lady that Ee Moi is, she says she couldn't ask for more. Thanks for the assuring pat Ee Moi.

More this thursday as it will be my last day..... I'm sure I will have mega long reflections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home