Dr. Chang's Teaching Log

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Observed by Ee Moi

I have just finished 20 minutes on the cardio trainer.... feeling much better now.

I have never felt nervous when people observed my teaching.... not until today. Well, Ee Moi is a little fierce looking but she is usually very nice and there was really no need to have felt nervous... back to the reflections for this session.

Ee Moi assured me that it was a good lesson (despite the fact that I was nervous). I beg to differ.... She did point out two major learning points for me to think about:

1. Linking it all up in a big picture. Although this was provided in the beginning, she felt that it did not link up for her. I do agree that I lost the "touch' towards to end to bring the ideas back to the big idea - more practice on enduring understanding I guess.... it must be perfected so that even in the toughest of times, it oozes out like second nature.
2. Reflection as a form of assessment at the end. The ubiquitous problem of "Any questions...... no" is something I need to be conscious of.

Other smaller points to think about
a. Differentiated Instruction for the weaker/slower student
b. Lumping of questions (though this happened as I tried very hard to pose questions and swallow saliva at the same time)

On the whole the lesson was not such a wreck as I say it to be. The session was well planned and the structure of the session saved the entire show anyway. I was just disappointed as it did not give me that satisfaction I look for....

This proved an invaluable learning session for me... more later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home