Dr. Chang's Teaching Log

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Last Day @ ZHSS

Mrs Wong Check Siew & I


Mr. Keith Wong & I

It is conincidence that ZHSS is having its prize giving ceremony today. I stayed till around 5 pm before leaving and it was the first time the staff room was empty when I left - all of them were in the hall.



The final session of the field inquriy on finding the coolest spot in ZHSS was held today. A big boo-boo happened in that the G-portal applet took forever to load. Eventually we only had 4 terminals workind and I had to resort to a "change of plans". Instead of getting all the students to investigate using the Gportal. I had to split the 8 groups into 4 expert groups with access to Gportal and 4 expert groups with access to the internet. This allows them to investigate using different tools. The first part of the session was spent on generating relevant and specific questsions to ask when researching and the second part was to answer those questions in an attempt to solove the task given in the first place. Although the session proved a little more messy than ideal, I was satisfied that most of them walked away with some understanding of the local factors affecting temperature.



I also made use of the opportunity to get 2N1 to give me some feedback of my teaching so far. I will post them in due course.








3E2 had their class test today and I forced them to take a farewell photograph with me. Here are the shots (see below).







In a few days when I settle back at my own office, I will write an extended reflection of these past 10 weeks at ZHSS. Do stay tuned.



And oh yes, one improvement to this blog is a simple tag board - upon strong recommendation from Gavin Lee who co-teaches 3E2 with me. Thanks Gavin.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Dr Chang i don't think you remember the cute 2n1'o7 ? LOLS you teaches us geog~ i bet you still remember one girl named georgina ? and you actually pronouns ( dunno how to spell ) it as georginia? LOL anyway we miss you la ! come back and see us okay ! regards from 2n1'o7!

    By Blogger Sylvia.G, at 4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home