Dr. Chang's Teaching Log

Monday, January 28, 2008

Paleoclimates

After three weeks of meteorology, I started paleoclimatology with my AAG233 class. We worked from the Mesozoic through to the Holocene.... I was surprised that they forgot their basic geology from year one but the looks of enlightenment at the end was satisfying enough for me.

I also gave the first assignment out in which they were told to "make the biggest cloud possible" using an online temperature profile applet. They all failed miserably as all the clouds went way above the tropopause..... we had a reasonably in-depth discussion of the need to transfer learning from one module to another.... more on this later..... Kalyani beckons for lunch and I will definitely tell her about the class today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home